Self-awareness and awareness of impact on others are key competencies for successful managers. Help your organizations’ managers better understand the true impacts of their managerial style and decisions on those that work for and with them by using the Management/Impact® (M/I) assessment by Human Synergistics.
The Human Synergistics Management/Impact (M/I) is a 360 assessment that provides managers with insights into how they carry out their roles and responsibilities and the impact they have on people around them. M/I is a feedback tool developed especially for mid- to frontline level managers, project managers, and others with supervisory or team lead responsibilities.
Internationally proven and aligned with best-practice academic and psychometric standards, M/I uses self-assessment and colleague feedback to gauge managers’ strengths and areas for development – a vital step towards ensuring their ‘fit’ with your organization’s vision, values, and strategies.
M/I has two parts:
- M/I Self-Report Inventory – The manager self-assesses his/her management approach and the impact he/she would like to have on others
- M/I Description-by-Others Inventory – Up to 12 of the manager’s peers, higher-level managers, and/or subordinates (all chosen by the manager) provide feedback on his/her management approach, impact, and overall effectiveness
The results are analyzed, benchmarked, and then presented along with specific recommendations to the manager in a comprehensive, confidential report. Our accredited practitioners then guides the manager through the findings and helps him/her develop a strategy to close the gap between the way he/she is perceived now and the manager who he/she wants (and needs) to be.
Management/Impact (M/I) will help you get the best from your management team, with a dual focus on their management approach and their effects on (and the behavior they encourage in) others. They’ll discover ways to improve their long-term effectiveness and influence, and ultimately strengthen their ability to meet your organization’s goals. M/I is particularly valuable as part of initiatives focused on management, personal, cultural, or organizational development. You can use it as the basis for:
- Initiating or promoting management development
- Coaching individual managers
- Evaluating your management development initiatives
- Promoting a healthy organizational culture
- Enhancing organizational effectiveness