Aspire Talent Group’s Emotional Intelligence & the Behavioral Science of Leadership helps you develop a solid sense of self-awareness to improve relationships and achieve results in the workplace.
Emotional Intelligence (EI) is the ability to recognize, understand, and manage your emotions. It also helps you effectively adapt your behaviors to create positive and constructive relationships with others. Emotional intelligence is an important characteristic for anyone at any level of an organization. However, it is even more critical at the leadership level. Leaders with high EI have solid self-awareness about the link between their behaviors and how it makes others feel and perform. A leader’s emotional intelligence can have far-reaching influence over their relationships. In addition, it can influence how they manage their teams and the results produced in the workplace. Emotionally intelligent leaders lead by example and are more effective problem-solvers. They communicate more effectively, make better decisions, and create better relationships with their team members. Additionally, they achieve career and personal goals in a shorter amount of time while better engaging and motivating those around them.
In this program, learners will:
- Learn the brain science of emotions that drive workplace behaviors
- Understand your own emotional intelligence skills as a baseline and how they are impacting your relationships with others
- Increase awareness of situations that risk having emotions lead to unwanted behavior and poor decisions
- Identify patterns, triggers, and emotional habits that either drive or derail performance
- Learn to suspend judgment – become more curious and less certain – to effectively engage and influence others
- Learn practical strategies to respond more skillfully as pressure increases and adapt behaviors that expand your influence and credibility
- Create an environment of trust and psychological safety where people feel valued and respected
- Improve relationship quality and build a culture of accountability
This program features the Emotional Quotient Inventory (EQ-i 2.0®), one of the first scientifically validated and one of the most widely used emotional intelligence instruments in the world. Based on more than 20 years of research worldwide, the EQ-i 2.0® examines an individual’s social and emotional strengths and weaknesses. Respondents self-report on their life and workplace performance in 15 key areas of emotional skill. These skills contribute to proficiency in complex business activities such as conflict resolution and planning. The assessment serves as a way for leaders to benchmark their strengths and areas of opportunity as they understand their current state of emotional intelligence competencies and how they may be impacting relationships and results. The reports are used in the subsequent workshop as a foundational benchmark to begin building increased EI capabilities.
*Assessment costs are not included in the delivery of the program and will be discussed as part of the investment for the engagement.
Contact us to learn more about how this workshop can help your organization.