The Management Effectiveness Profile System™ (MEPS) by Human Synergistics helps you assess your managers effectiveness across 14 key task, interpersonal, and personal skills. This skills-based diagnostic uses 360 feedback to provide managers with a balanced perspective of their strengths and development opportunities.
Effective management requires the mastery of skills in a variety of areas that, in complementary ways, contribute to continued performance and success. By measuring performance from both the participant’s point of view and the views of at least three associates, the Management Effectiveness Profile System (MEPS) accurately evaluates a manager’s current performance in fundamental skill areas. This skills-based diagnostic system uses 360 feedback to provide managers with a balanced perspective of their strengths and development opportunities in 14 areas that are organized into three categories of management skills.
Categories of management skills:
- Task skills, including problem solving, time management, planning, goal setting, performance leadership, and organizing
- Interpersonal skills, including team development, delegation, participation, integrating differences, and providing feedback
- Personal skills, including stress processing, maintaining integrity, and commitment
The Management Effectiveness Profile System™ provides managers with straightforward and easy-to-use feedback to guide their self-development activities. It is particularly appropriate for mid- to upper-level managers as well as those in entry-level positions preparing to move into more demanding roles.
Use MEPS to:
- Provide managers with a balanced perspective of their strengths and development opportunities using 360 feedback
- Identify the training and development needs of a management team with skills-based feedback
- Create a personalized, self-directed development program
- Initiate and monitor managers’ task and interpersonal skills as well as personal development
- Improve interpersonal relationships to enhance team and organizational performance
The Management Effectiveness Profile System™ includes two parallel forms that measure task, interpersonal, and personal skills:
- MEPS Self-Description Inventory – Completed by each individual manager and measures performance from the participant’s point of view
- MEPS Description-by-Others Inventory – Completed by at least three associates (direct reports, peers, bosses) to provide an accurate, outside view of the manager’s effectiveness
The results are analyzed, benchmarked, and presented along with specific recommendations to the leader in a comprehensive, confidential report. Our accredited practitioners can then guide individual leaders through the findings and help them to develop a strategy.
These strategies address:
- The gaps between how others perceive them and the manager who they want (and need) to be
- The implications for their direct reports and colleagues, as well as their personal and professional performance
- Building an action plan based on recommendations for change
Contact us for more information on how we can help your talent grow!