Culture is a key enabler (or derailer) of strategic and sustainable organizational success. Use the Organizational Culture Inventory® (OCI) and Organizational Culture Inventory-Ideal® (OCI-Ideal) by Human Synergistics to assess the current state of your culture, as well as determine what an ideal culture looks like for your organization.
The Human Synergistics Organizational Culture Inventory® (OCI) is the world’s most thoroughly researched and widely used culture assessment for measuring organizational culture. The OCI goes beyond corporate culture, company culture, and workplace culture. The cultural dimensions it measures apply to all types of organizations.
The Organizational Culture Inventory® (OCI) has been researched for more than 20 years and uses the latest survey technology. It measures the attributes of organizational culture most closely related to the behavior and performance of members. The OCI reveals what members collectively believe is expected of them. In addition, it reveals how those behavioral norms influence their engagement and effectiveness. As a result, it provides an unmatched foundation for constructively changing organizational culture.
Apply the Organizational Culture Inventory® (OCI) in your organization to provide members at all levels with an understanding of how they’re currently expected to approach their work and interact with one another. Additionally, they will gain insights into how the existing norms either support or interfere with problem solving and task performance. You will also empower them to create a vision of the ideal culture in terms of the behaviors that would enable them and the organization to execute strategic initiatives, achieve goals, and attain the mission. The OCI provides leaders and members with the data they need and a language for conversations about where they are now, where they want to be, and how they are going to get there.
There are two forms of the Organizational Culture Inventory® (OCI) available for culture assessment:
- The standard OCI measures the current culture of an organization in terms of shared behavioral norms. These are behaviors that members believe are required to “fit in” and meet expectations. Members’ responses to these surveys are combined and profiled on Human Synergistics Circumplex. Then, after they are electronically analyzed, a report is generated to support your organization’s culture change initiatives. This report shows the relative strength of Constructive, Passive/Defensive, and Aggressive/Defensive norms within the organization. An accredited practitioner then guides organizational leaders and change team members through the findings and the steps required for successful development and transformation.
- The OCI-Ideal complements the current form of the OCI by identifying the optimal or preferred culture for the organization. It assesses the behaviors that leaders and other members believe should be expected to maximize effectiveness and enable the organization to reach its goals. The result is a picture of the ideal culture based on shared values and beliefs. This can then be compared to the current culture to identify gaps and targets for change.
The Organizational Culture Inventory® (OCI) is invaluable for:
- Signaling and/or validating the need for cultural transformation
- Supporting programs to enhance strategy implementation, employee engagement and inclusion, quality and reliability, and/or customer service
- Gauging and improving organizational readiness for culture change
- Addressing barriers to (and enablers of) agility, adaptability, and innovation
- Facilitating successful mergers, acquisitions, and strategic alliances
- Evaluating the impact of change efforts – using the culture survey repeatedly to measure progress and identify what’s working and what’s not working