Go deeper with your culture work using the Organizational Effectiveness Inventory® (OEI) by Human Synergistics. This assessment provides a deep dive into how your organizational structures, systems, technologies, and cultural climate impact your organizational success.
The Human Synergistics Organizational Effectiveness Inventory® (OEI) is your gateway to a deeper understanding of your organization’s culture. This insight is gained through the perspectives of the people who live it every day.
A partner to the Organizational Culture Inventory® (OCI) , the OEI provides valid, reliable, and usable “climate” data on the structures, systems, technologies, and skills/qualities that shape your culture. It also provides insight into how they can be modified and developed to improve long-term effectiveness at the individual, group, and organizational levels.
The OEI is a 128-question survey that gathers confidential feedback from your employees on:
- Their experience and perceptions of things that influence and can be changed to improve your organization’s culture and its performance
- The outcomes of your culture for individuals (their engagement), groups (teamwork), and the organization (adaptability and overall quality of products/services)
The Organizational Effectiveness Inventory® (OEI) survey takes about 20 minutes to complete. The survey can be supplemented with up to 40 items or questions of your choice. Once members’ respond to the survey, the responses are aggregated and electronically analyzed. A report is then generated to support your organizational development or culture change initiative. The report contains bar charts and tables that compare the organization’s results to Human Synergistics’ historical averages (based on over 700 organizations) and constructive benchmarks (based on approximately 120 organizations with healthy cultures). Results can also be presented for subgroups (divisions, departments, branch offices, etc.). When administered along with the culture survey, you are provided with a combined OCI/OEI feedback report that integrates the results of the two assessments. A Human Synergistics accredited practitioner then guides you through the findings and the steps required for successful change management.
The Organizational Effectiveness Inventory® (OEI) measures effectiveness at the individual, group, and organizational levels. It also identifies the internal practices and conditions that lead to effectiveness both directly and indirectly via their impact on culture.
The OEI can be used as part of organizational change initiatives as a tool for:
- Assessing members’ attitudes, motivation, and stress levels
- Identifying performance targets for the organization, as well as for members and teams and/or subunits within which they work
- Documenting the need and the “case” for improvement and change
- Selecting organizational development strategies and levers for culture change
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact of change and development initiatives and interventions
Note: We recommend that you apply the Organizational Effectiveness Inventory® (OEI) in tandem with the Organizational Culture Inventory® (OCI), which focuses on behavioral norms and expectations, to get a comprehensive picture of the organization’s operating culture, current outcomes, and levers for changing culture and strengthening performance.