In these volatile and uncertain times, stress is as prevalent as ever, and your organizational performance is at stake. Get a handle on your organizational talent’s current stress levels, early stress warning signs, and triggers using the Stress Processing Report™ (SPR) by Human Synergistics.
Today, organizations of all shapes and sizes are seeking new ways to improve their operations to compete in a volatile economic environment. Employees are challenged to inquire, think, gather information, evaluate, communicate, and act – all at increasingly high speeds. Coupled with the pressures of constant change, accelerated activity can take a significant toll on your organization’s workforce in terms of elevated stress levels. As stress increases, the result is lagging performance, reduced productivity, and ill physical and emotional health. The Human Synergistics Stress Processing Report™ (SPR) enables people to better understand how they react to and cope with stress. In addition, it allows the insight into how their reaction could possibly create stress for themselves at work and in their personal lives.
Research has shown that those who experience more symptoms of strain (e.g., depression, nervousness, headaches, medical problems) are also more likely to have Passive/Defensive and Aggressive/Defensive thinking and behavioral styles.
As part of a program to reduce stress and strain, the SPR can help you to:
- Take inventory of your current orientations and styles
- Identify the healthy orientations and styles you want to adopt
- Remove obstacles to healthy thinking and behaviors
- Actively seek and create opportunities to develop healthy thinking and behaviors
- Monitor your progress to gauge improvements over time
SPR is a feedback tool that:
- Uses a self-assessment that records responses to phrases or questions that explore individual feelings in areas such as quality of relationships, personal and professional satisfaction, physical health and well-being, and reactions to tense situations
- Pinpoints ineffective thinking patterns to identify the early warning signs of performance problems before they cause illness and erode motivation
- Helps participants redirect their thinking styles to significantly reduce stress associated with job demands, organizational change, and/or non-work factors
Completed by each participant, the SPR measures 19 styles of thinking linked to symptoms of strain. These thinking styles are organized into four categories: Self (self-image, past view, control, approval, growth, and effectiveness); Others (inclusion, interpersonal orientation, intimacy, and trust); Process (receptiveness, synergy, cooperation, time orientation, and time utilization); and Goals (satisfaction, directedness, expectations, and future view). The Stress Processing Report™ (SPR) by Human Synergistics meets rigorous academic and psychometric standards. It has been thoroughly researched and verified as valid and reliable through several longitudinal studies at various organizations.
The SPR is appropriate for all members of an organization and can be used to:
- Improve physical health and well-being
- Promote healthier and more productive responses to change and stressful events
- Increase personal satisfaction
- Enhance the quality of interpersonal relationships
- Boost productivity, cooperation, and personal effectiveness